ANN Jug 2.0.0 release candidate!

Luis Pedro Coelho

Feb 1, 2020, 5:04:40 AM2/1/20
to jug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I finally got around to cleaning up a bit the code and preparing Jug 2.0

The big change, which merits increasing the version, are the failed tasks framework implemented by Renato Alves.

Now, if you use jug execute --keep-failed, tasks which raise exceptions will not be repeatedly attempted.

Additionally, now environmental variables JUG_* are checked by default and creating a file named __jug_please_stop.txt will stop execution: https://jug.readthedocs.io/en/latest/exit.html

Since there is a bunch of new stuff, I marked it as a release candidate:

https://pypi.org/project/Jug/2.0.0rc0/

You can install it with

pip install Jug==2.0.0rc0

If I don't get any reports of bugs, I will release it officially next week. I will also be playing around with it.

*

WHAT IS JUG?

Jug allows you to write code that is broken up into tasks and run
different tasks on different processors (even across a cluster).

Jug is a pure Python implementation and should work on any platform.

CITATION:

Coelho, L.P., (2017). Jug: Software for Parallel Reproducible Computation in Python. Journal of Open Research Software. 5(1), p.30.

http://doi.org/10.5334/jors.161

LINKS

*Documentation*: https://jug.readthedocs.io/
*Code*: http://github.com/luispedro/jug
*Video*: http://vimeo.com/8972696

Bug reports, suggestions, &c are welcome.

Thanks!
Luis

Luis Pedro Coelho | Fudan University | http://luispedro.org
https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9280-7885

Luis Pedro Coelho

Feb 22, 2020, 4:47:54 AM2/22/20
to jug-...@googlegroups.com
Given that no issues popped up (and i have personally been using the release candidate for a few weeks with no problems), I renamed it to Jug 2.0!

Now, if you install from either conda or pip, you get the new 2.0!

Hope this helps,