Programmatically Posting to LinkedIn Groups via LinkedIn REST API and using Scribe-Java OAuth Library

smhu...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2013, 4:05:19 PM7/18/13
to jug-b...@googlegroups.com

Programmatically Posting to LinkedIn Groups via LinkedIn REST API and using Scribe-Java OAuth Library

In this post, I will demonstrate how you can post to LinkedIn Groups programmatically via LinkedIn REST API and using Scribe-Java OAuth Library.

To start with, you need to have an active LinkedIn account. Plus, you need to create a new LinkedIn Developer Application from LinkedIn Developer Site. If you want help on this, please refer to my previous post in which I demonstrate how you can create a new LinkedIn Developer Application, set different Scope(s) and how you can get following:

API Key
API Secret
OAuth Token
OAuth Secret

Do note that, for this example, you need to have 'rw_groups' scope because it is required to retrieve and post group discussions as authenticated user. So make sure you have checked the relevant box against ?rw_groups?.

A LinkedIn Group Post contains following elements:

Post Title
Post Summary
Content URL
Content Image URL