Applying to a PhD in the US? Get some free feedback

Ian Billinge

Nov 20, 2023, 11:11:28 AM11/20/23
to juamie...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Applying to PhD positions in the US is difficult, and the best practices are often opaque and not written anywhere.

For the past three years, I have run a free workshop called "How to get a PhD in environmental engineering." It contains a wealth of information for people applying for scientific PhD positions in the US. It's aimed at environmental engineers, but the lessons are equally pertinent for other fields of engineering and physical science. You can find the recording from 2022 here. I wanted to share it as a community resource.

Additionally, if anyone from the JUAMI list would like free feedback on their personal statements (part of the PhD application), I am happy to give my thoughts! Just send me an email introducing yourself.

If other current PhD students also want to volunteer their time to give feedback, that would also be great!

Best,

Ian

--
Ian Billinge