JUAMI Open Computing Facility Symposium Next Week, Invitation to Register

Brian Iezzi

May 13, 2021, 10:59:33 AM5/13/21
to juamie...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Hope this email finds you well. I wanted to send out a reminder that the JUAMI Open Computing Facility symposium will be taking place next week, May 19-20th. We are excited to have several leaders in computational research and education in Africa joining us for a panel, including Prof. Billinge! There will also be research presentations from OCF users as well as workshops on several topics. A full schedule can be found on the symposium website.

The website also includes a link to register to receive the Zoom information for the sessions. We look forward to hopefully seeing you next week!

Best,
Brian

--
Brian Iezzi (he/him/his)
Ph.D. Candidate, Materials Science and Engineering - University of Michigan

Brian Iezzi

May 19, 2021, 7:13:30 AM5/19/21
to juamie...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Hope this finds you well! Final plug for the JUAMI-OCF symposium happening today (sorry for all the emails). No need to register, if you have time feel free to use the Zoom link below, we hope to see you there!

Symposium summary:
The first day will open at 17:00 East African Time (10:00AM EST), with an invited guest speaker panel on Computational Research and Education in Africa which will be composed of Prof. Jelani Nelson (UC Berkeley), Dr. Angela Tabiri (AIMS-Ghana), and Prof. Simon Billinge (Columbia University). Then, we will have a variety of research talks on Computational Materials Research and Sustainable Computational Research from current and prospective users of the server, including Benard Tabu (JUAMI 2018)!  On the second day, we will have presentations on outreach/on-going programs, an open discussion about areas of improvement for the OCF, and workshops on Life Cycle Analysis and Density Functional Theory (DFT). Find the full schedule here.

Zoom Info:
https://umich.zoom.us/j/91076476261 Meeting ID: 910 7647 6261 Passcode: JUAMIOCF

Best regards,
Brian