Fwd: Legal Intensive for Freelancers in Boston: ATTN Michelle Ferrier

Peggy Holman, Journalism That Matters

Sep 22, 2016, 5:51:50 PM9/22/16
to JTMlist
Hi all,

Thought some of you in or near Boston might want to know about the October 17 event below.

Peggy

_________________________________
Peggy Holman
Executive Director
Journalism that Matters
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
206-948-0432
www.journalismthatmatters.net
www.peggyholman.com
Twitter: @peggyholman
JTM Twitter: @JTMStream

Enjoy the award winning Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into Opportunity

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andrew Keltz <ake...@medialaw.org>
Subject: Legal Intensive for Freelancers in Boston: ATTN Michelle Ferrier
Date: September 22, 2016 at 10:14:14 AM PDT

Dear Michelle,

My organization, the Media Law Resource Center (Jeff Hermes is our Deputy Director), is holding a day-long legal workshop at BU October 17th. I'm writing to share the event with you because it might be of interest to your networks. We're trying to reach Boston area journalists, especially freelancers without regular legal support.

The program is called Media Law for Journalists. (Website: www.medialaw.org/boston Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/323902547961111/) Experienced lawyers will lead sessions on libel and privacy, newsgathering, source protection, copyright, FOIA and insurance. At the end of the day, we'll present a panel of local journalists discussing story pitches, job applications, and career decisions.

We've put on two of these programs already - at the New York Times and the National Press Club - and received great reviews from participants as well as grants to defray the cost of tickets.

Let me know if you'd be willing to push this out to your circles and if you have any additional ideas as to how to spread the word.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Andrew Keltz
Media Law Resource Center

Peggy Holman, Journalism That Matters

Sep 22, 2016, 5:54:01 PM9/22/16
to JTMlist

Art Campbell

Sep 22, 2016, 6:42:25 PM9/22/16
to Peggy Holman, Journalism That Matters, JTMlist
Thanks, Peggy -- just signed up.
Hope to meet some people from the list there.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell
Chief of Stuff
www.TheGrotonLine.com            978.302.1889            978.746.6606 (Fax)
www.facebook.com/thegrotonline                         Twitter: @TheGrotonLine

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Journalism That Matters" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jtmlist/7382FCA4-3431-407F-9574-67F8FCE21E60%40journalismthatmatters.org.