Beta test new TV News app?

Steven Clift

Jan 26, 2019, 10:30:09 AM1/26/19
to Journalism That Matters
I'd love your feedback!

My goal in part is to expose a wide diversity of global news sources, how did I do?

Thanks,
Steve

Peggy Holman

Jan 26, 2019, 12:38:10 PM1/26/19
to JTMlist
Hi Steve,

As I think you know, this list is low traffic. A couple places you and others might be interested in knowing about:

Gather - a community of “engaged journalists” run by the Agora Journalism Center at the University of Oregon. Gather grew out of a Journalism That Matters gathering. They’ve got an incredibly active Slack channel where I posted your request for feedback.

Experience Engagement Facebook Group: Created after the 2015 Journalism That Matters Experience Engagement event at Agora.

Peggy

________________________________
Peggy Holman
Co-founder
Journalism That Matters
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
206-948-0432
www.journalismthatmatters.org
www.peggyholman.com
Twitter: @peggyholman
JTM Twitter: @JTMStream

Enjoy the award winning Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into Opportunity

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Journalism That Matters" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jtmlist/CAO9TZ0XmOurkcM5MXG-xrsG2UZK3Yu8ct4P6w%3DMgZmna18nwuA%40mail.gmail.com.

Steven Clift

Jan 27, 2019, 12:00:44 AM1/27/19
to Peggy Holman, JTMlist
Thanks Peggy!

It is always an interesting question about how and where to reach people or engage them ... they aren't often the same. I still like quiet lists for reaching people versus Facebook groups for announcements... when I've tracked clicks, lists still win.

Speaking of engagement I should note that I'll be pondering how to enhance the app's share function. I've noted how much easier it is on a mobile to share any piece of content on whatever app is tied into the sharing function while on the web the big sites don't play nice with each other. It helps that YouTube is a mostly public site without login required.

If you look through the on "Demand" section on the app you'll often run into media stories clearly made in a YouTube style for sharing.

Cheers,
Steve