Joomla 3.1 - Call for Testers and Coders

Nick Savov

Mar 26, 2013, 8:29:33 PM3/26/13
to jtes...@googlegroups.com
With Joomla 3.1 just around the corner, we need some extra help testing and coding bug fixes to make sure the transition from 3.0.3 to 3.1 is smooth.  Consider this your call to action and a great opportunity to give back to Joomla in a short period of time.

Just find some bugs at http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=8103 that interest you and start helping out by testing and/or coding.

For anyone new to the process, check out the following documentation to learn how to test fixes:

and the following documentation to learn how to propose code fixes:

If you just want to report bugs, the following documentation would be of help:

If you need some suggestions for things to test, here's a quick list of things that I put together:
1) High or medium-high issues:
-Go to the Joomla Code tracker and filter by priority (high or medium high) and status.  For status, use "Pending" (i.e. needs testing), "Confirmed" (i.e. a confirmed bug), and "Open" (i.e. a potential bug).
-Here are the current 5 medium-high issues (0 high ones currently) that we need help on:

2) Tags:
-In the tracker, search by "tag" and filter by status (see above).  Work on any of those.
-Or you can download the latest development version at https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/archive/master.zip and install it as you would Joomla.  Then play around with the tags component or tagging in the different core extensions.  Report and/or fix any issues along the way.

3) Any bugs that affect your business and/or your clients.  This is a good opportunity to get them fixed for the next release, rather than doing a "workaround" for your project(s).

Feel free to reply to this topic with other "must-have" bug fix suggestions for 3.1 or 2.5.10, or if you have any questions.

Also, here's a fun way to track your contribution activity over the next couple of days:

You can even set a custom period of time in the above chart (e.g. today until Joomla 3.1) to see how you did.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can pitch-in :)

Cheers,
Nick