About 'suspend' and 'resume' in jtcl

Morris Yang

Oct 28, 2020, 8:16:18 AM10/28/20
to jtcl-project
Hi,

Is it possible to implement 'suspend' and 'resume' by jtcl?

After I source a tcl file which contains a command 'suspend', it could back the main thread.

Then, I could send other commands into interpreter to do something.

Finally, send the 'resume' command to rerun the suspended script.

Thanks,
Morris

Tom Poindexter

Oct 28, 2020, 10:26:52 AM10/28/20
to Morris Yang, jtcl-project
Suspend and resume are not natively implemented in JTcl.  However, there is a package that allows some concurrent programming which may fit your needs, see Fleet:

Morris Yang

Nov 1, 2020, 3:47:43 AM11/1/20
to jtcl-project
I could figure out one of implementation which needs to create/override specific 'source' or other current commands.

It seems not bad but hard for backward compatibility.

-Morris

tpoi...@gmail.com 在 2020年10月28日 星期三下午10:26:52 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: