On Nexus One ... fail

tardate

Feb 5, 2010, 9:20:47 PM2/5/10
to jtab
Unfortunately, my latest test with jtab on the Nexus One/Android
failed;-(

Seems that the webkit version on android doesn't have the necessary
svg support, while it is working on the iPhone.

Likely this is tied up in Google's focus on canvas support in html 5.
Have to research this further.

Regards,
Paul

Jason Ong

Feb 5, 2010, 9:26:58 PM2/5/10
to jt...@googlegroups.com
Paul you got yourself a Nexus One? :)
--
Cheers,
JasonOng

---
twitter: @jasonong
friendfeed: jasonong
facebook: velvetpd

Paul Gallagher

Feb 5, 2010, 9:53:52 PM2/5/10
to jt...@googlegroups.com

Sure did;-)

Loving it! Starting to play around with android development now.

Paul

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 10:20 AM, tardate <gallagh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, my l...

Jason Ong

Feb 5, 2010, 10:03:07 PM2/5/10
to jt...@googlegroups.com
Neat!

I'm thinking the iPad might be a great gigging musician companion; no longer need to lug a thick folder of songsheets. jtab would make a great chord helper where the musician touch the chord to display all the different voicings & positions available :)

Paul Gallagher

Feb 6, 2010, 12:19:13 AM2/6/10
to jt...@googlegroups.com
Yes, great idea Jason.

Interesting .. from the initial negativity (due to the overly hyped buildup), the use cases for a pad are slowly becoming clear. And it looks like there will soon be a plethora of pads in the market..

Paul

Jason Ong

Feb 6, 2010, 3:34:42 AM2/6/10
to jt...@googlegroups.com
The concept of a pad interface was wanting in many use cases for a long time but would be too costly to build for a singular device/purpose. Hopefully these upcoming pads would break down webapp location barriers and cloud computing could finally penetrate the pubs. haha

Heller

Feb 6, 2010, 5:51:39 AM2/6/10
to jtab
Rather strange SVG not rendering on the Nexus??!?
Does the Nexus have a Chrome browser?
I have a colleague who as a hobby is experimenting a
lot with SVG and Chrome is supposed to be one of the
better browsers (apparently Opera works best) for handling SVG.

...but yes a pad as a guitarists friend does sound great.

Paul Gallagher

Feb 6, 2010, 9:09:34 AM2/6/10
to jt...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I was really surprised, especially after I'd seen it working on the iPhone.
there's been some discussion on the Raphael group, but so far it just seems to be a "wait and see what google do" with no promises. I haven't looked into the alternatives yet - html 5 canvas I believe should be it (?)

Paul