Flashing Waterfall etc., on JT65 v0.9.92.0

g3zxx...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2014, 6:18:07 AM12/21/14
to jt65-hf-hb9...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Sorry Beat, I've been using your software, basically since you started to offer it, but I'm not that impressed with this one ... sorry.

1.  Every time the waterfall scrolls down a fraction, the entire waterfall area "Flashes White".  This is very irritating and somewhat dangerous for anyone who is sensitive to flashing or flickering lights, like me !  This flashing occurs irrespective of speed setting or colour map settings.

I have not noticed this on any previous releases, and have not changed my computer system in any way.  FYI, it's an AMD 6 core processor, each @ 3.5 Ghz, and 8 GB 1600 Ram.

2.  For those of us who are getting on in years, and struggling with failing eyesight, the smaller font and smaller displays for "Band Stats" and "Station Info" are not necessarily a good thing.

3.  Do we really need to be reminded of the band we are using and the time of the end of the previously received signal, within the waterfall area.  This just seems to be screen clutter to me, bearing in mind the band data and real time is only milli-meters to the left and significantly bigger and easier to read.

I'm sure that the other changes you have made are of significant benefit to the processing capability of the package, but these display issues do nothing positive for me ... sorry.

So unfortunately, at this time, this one does not get my vote.  I've had to go back to v0.9.90.0.

Merry Christmas and HNY to all.

Best Regards
Dave, G3ZXX.

ra...@g0ofe.com

Dec 21, 2014, 6:47:55 AM12/21/14
to jt65-hf-hb9...@googlegroups.com
I am not getting any white flashing on my PC at all...

Perhaps the info appearing in the waterfall display can be turned on or off as preferred?

Might also be an idea to make font size for the info windows selectable, as everyone's screen sizes and resolutions will be different.

Jim.

Mike Saeger

Jan 30, 2015, 4:23:04 PM1/30/15
to jt65-hf-hb9...@googlegroups.com
I am getting the irritating flashing on my HP Notebook. I may have to go back one release as it really bothers my eyes.

Mike N9MS

Charlie Ho

Dec 9, 2015, 7:04:11 PM12/9/15
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
I am getting this flashing problem on all my PC and Notebook, so give up already.

Charlie VR2XMT

Bob Frostholm KO6LU

Dec 9, 2015, 8:30:58 PM12/9/15
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
I have it too.... very annoying.

Bob

Bob Frostholm KO6LU

Dec 11, 2015, 4:26:45 PM12/11/15
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
Thanks to Charlie, VR2XMT, there is a solution to the flashing problem. It seems that if your computer desktop is a solid color...any color...you are susceptible to this annoyance. He suggested that I use a different background, which I did ... I chose architecture.... and not the flashing no longer exists.

Thanks Charlie.

73

Bob

Ko6Lu

ZS6ZA Etienne Nieuwoudt

Dec 13, 2015, 10:47:20 AM12/13/15
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
The best tip I received all year! No more flickering! Thank you!

N2CTI

Feb 20, 2017, 3:29:28 PM2/20/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
The fix didn't work for me.  HP Pavillion AMD Athlon X2 5000 running Vista.  I even tried going back to version 4.5.

cros...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2017, 9:25:45 PM2/25/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition

I have the flickering on the waterfall and the suggested change to color did not help... anything new onthis very annoying issue??
73 AH0U

Bill, N0KQ

Jul 3, 2017, 7:46:34 PM7/3/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
Me, Too.  I have two different installations of ver 4.9.6, one flashes, one doesn't.  I tried changing the background on the flasher but that didn't help. I have two different radios and different computers.  The flashing seems to occur only during the receiving period, not during the waiting or transmitting periods. The frequency band doesn't matter.

Station #1 - doesn't flash
Win 10 via HamLib to Yaesu FT1000mp, microKeyerII interface

Station #2 - flashes (background doesn't matter)
Win 7 via HamLib to Icom 756 Pro III, microKeyerII interface

Any help is appreciated; it is annoying.
Bill, N0KQ