QRZ or CQ transmits only Grid Square

Don Lewis

Mar 12, 2018, 1:18:58 AM3/12/18
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
This is related to my other post but with a little more detail. Occasionally when I send CQ it only transmits CQ and DN70 (my grid square). The same if I do a QRZ, I only transmit QRZ  DN70. I know this even though it looks like the whole sequence is transmitted but I also have a copy of WSJT-X running and it copies my signal from my monitor. I have seen others transmitting a CQ and their grid square so I know it is a general problem. It seems that if you respond to a CQ it resets something and works OK for a while. It is interesting that when I put the entire CQ in the free text field it eliminates the KE0EE there too.

HB9HQX

Mar 12, 2018, 2:40:25 AM3/12/18
to jt65-hf-hb9...@googlegroups.com

You are right. I have tested with two pcs.
When i e.g. send "CQ HB9HQX JN36" the other pc shows only "CQ JN36". Version 5.4 has definitively a bug. I try to fix it as soon as possible.

And i  remove the setup program from the download page and replace it with a previous version.

Many thanks, 73 Beat HB9HQX