JT65-HF HB9HQX and Yaesu FT-950?

Jim fleck

Sep 3, 2017, 11:25:18 AM9/3/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
All I get on the waterfall is horizontal and vertical straight line. Using a Signal link USB. When I set the sound recording to 0 it automatically goes back to -192 db which negates any incoming signal. Will not record or transmit. Most frustrating mode I have ever encountered. New to digital modes. Any help appreciated de K1VNV Jim

Mr. Wizard

Sep 3, 2017, 2:18:03 PM9/3/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
My best advice to you is to changeout the SignaLink USB with a West Mountain Radio Advantage.

Sure, that sounds great, but with more $$$ being spent. But the WMR product is far superior to the SignaLink USB.

The WMR Advantage will give you what you want and plenty more! A better product with more options!

7 3

KI6WDX

HB9HQX

Sep 4, 2017, 1:35:30 AM9/4/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
Please read the manual (download page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/jt65hfhb9hqxedi/files).

Note: Post text with screenshots.

Jim fleck

Sep 13, 2017, 9:33:44 AM9/13/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
Hope this helps. Jim K1VNV
Snip jt65.PNG

HB9HQX

Sep 15, 2017, 8:11:54 AM9/15/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
You have no audio input. Open the configuration window and choose the proper "Audio input device - Receive" from the list in the combobox, see the picture in the attachment.
Sound.png

Jim fleck

Sep 15, 2017, 8:19:55 AM9/15/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
Spent more money on equipment, same results. Have the manual memorized, same results. I'm done!

Wolfgang K. Meister

Sep 15, 2017, 8:52:47 AM9/15/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
Jim, you should not give up!

JT65 setup is a little bit more demanding than other modes.

Look, PSK Reporter says, the following statistic of stations over the last two hours.

FT8:   190170
JT65:    32491

Soon you will be with the other 32491, hi hi

So, it's just a matter if proper setup. Did you check the input setting in the software,
as Beat recommended it. Your audio device must be ON and connected to your PC,
and you should see it in the selection.

Btw., the JT65 HB9HQX' software can handle only, as the name says, the mode JT65.

Don't forget to set a tick to adjust the time at 'Auto Adjust', otherwise it will not decode.

73's de OE1MWW
Wolfgang

mbhh

Sep 16, 2017, 12:13:06 AM9/16/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
Jim,

Don't panic or  give up - you are bringing back my not so good memories of when I tried to get digital modes to work on my radio and computer - thank goodness I had an Elmer that got on the phone with me, and talked me through the set-up. It can be very frustrating! Once you get the set-up right, all the digital modes should work, including PSK31, JT-65, RTTY, FT-8. etc. etc., so PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!  If what I tell you doesn't work, send me an email with a contact phone number (my email address is on QRZ.com  for K4VBM) and I will be happy to call you and help you troubleshoot to get it working to pay it forward for my Elmer helping me. PLEASE KEEP READING.

I have both a Signalink USB and a Rigblaster Pro.

For the Signalink to work, you need the correct Signalink cable that plugs into the back of your radio (I will assume that you have it, and it is plugged into the correct port on the back of your radio and into the RJ-45 jack on the Signalink).

The Signalink also needs to be plugged into a USB port on your computer using the supplied USB cable, and the driver for the Signalink must be installed on your computer for it to work properly.

The Signalink contains a USB sound card that will be a new sound device in your computer's Device Manager once the driver has been installed. This USB sound card will handle the Receive (RX) audio from your radio and deliver it to the software to be decoded, and send the transmit (TX)  audio consisting of encoded tones from the software to your radio.

You also need to  choose the correct audio devices in the software for RX and TX, which was mentioned by another poster, and the software should see the audio from your radio. Here is a screen capture of the configuration dialog window:

The 'Audio input device - Receive' should be the device named 'Microphone (USB Audio CODEC ) which corresponds to the Signalink audio input device that captures the received audio signal from your radio.

The 'Audio output device - Transmit' should be the device named 'Speakers (USB Audio CODEC ) which corresponds to the Signalink audio output device that sends the digital tones to your radio.

All software programs that you use for digital modes MUST BE CONFIGURED TO USE THOSE DEVICES when you use the Signalink and all should work fine.

The software must also be able to put your radio in transmit mode, and turn off trasmit mode. That is usually accomplished via a CAT control cable from your computer to your radio which is completely separate from the Signalink.

Hope this helps you get going.

Bob K4VBM

HB9HQX

Sep 18, 2017, 4:39:45 AM9/18/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
Note: FT8 spots every 15 seconds in receive mode and every 30 seconds in transceive mode, but JT65 only once all minute (in receive mode). Compare 47542 FT8 spots with 32491 JT65 spots. And the HB9HQX-Edition spots only decodes that contains the grid, e.g. CQ HB9HQX JN36 or OE1MWW HB9HQX JN36, not OE1MWW HB9HQX R-12. FT8 exists three month, JT65 more than 10 years. I'm working hard to improve the HB9HQX-Edition and to include new features like automatic sequence and shorter QSO sequence (to save time), e.g. CQ > -dB > R-dB > GRID instead of CQ > GRID > -dB > R-dB > RR73 > 73.
73 Beat HB9HQX

Wolfgang K. Meister

Sep 18, 2017, 4:49:27 AM9/18/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
Beat,

thanks for the explanation - very enlightening after reading (and understanding)

Thanks for your endless patience with all the questions that have been raised.

Looking forward to see the new features ;-)

Bill Carter AB9QU

Sep 18, 2017, 8:21:21 AM9/18/17
to JT65-HF HB9HQX-Edition
Jim, I had trouble getting this mode to work also. Took a long time but I finally got it.