Release 1.4.5 broke all buttons in my code

Kyle Brown

Aug 4, 2022, 2:45:03 PM8/4/22
to JSXGraph
I have some animations that use a button to reset the sliders. I just noticed that many of my animations are broken after the 1.4.5 update. If I go back to 1.4.4 everything works fine again. Here is the code that seems to be the issue:

var button1 = board2.create('button',[2.5,-4,'Reset', function(){return h.setValue(0),k.setValue(0)}]);

It's not an problem for me to change to 1.4.4 but I was just wondering if this is an issue for others?

Alfred Wassermann

Aug 8, 2022, 9:46:12 AM8/8/22
to JSXGraph
Oops, thank you for pointing this out. Indeed, this is major problem.
Meanwhile, the github sources contain a bug fix. It would be very helpful if you - and of course anybody - could test applications with today's nightly build (available from 10 pm CEST)  and give feedback if text display is correct.
As a byproduct of this bug fixes, it is now possible to supply the labels of buttons, input elements and checkboxes a functions.

Best wishes,
Alfred