1. Announcement: JSXGraph conference 2022

Alfred Wassermann

May 27, 2022, 4:55:08 AM5/27/22
to JSXGraph
Dear friends of JSXGraph,

this is the official announcement of the third international JSXGraph conference.

Date: 4.-6. October 2022

Conference homepage: <https://jsxgraph.org/conf2022/>

The conference will bring together developers and teachers, instructors and designers who are interested or already experienced in using JSXGraph (https://jsxgraph.org) to enhance digital learning of STEM topics.

The conference will be an entirely online conference. All participants are required to register (https://jsxgraph.org/conf2022/registration/), registration is free.

We invite all participants to contribute a talk or workshop and

- report about their concepts, experience, and workflow,
- present their applications and best practices,
- discuss pedagogical concepts involving JSXGraph.

Deadline for submission of talks / presentations: 31. August 2022

Details about the video software will be announced at a later stage.

The 3nd International JSXGraph conference 2022 will be organized by the center of Mobile Learning with Digital Technology (https://mobiles-lernen.uni-bayreuth.de/) at the University of Bayreuth, Germany.

With thanks in advance and with best regards,

Carsten Miller, Alfred Wassermann
(Organizers)

Murray

May 30, 2022, 3:13:26 AM5/30/22
to JSXGraph
Hi Alfred

Thank you for arranging another JSXGraph conference.

In previous years, the conference times were around 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM in Germany. This makes sense when catering for the larger number of USA users.

But for those of us well to the East of you, it means we can't join in the sessions live as it is the middle of the night for us. (12 midnight to 5 AM for me here in eastern Australia).

Could I respectfully request that you consider for one of the days (most logically, the middle one) timing it for say 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM in Germany? This at least caters for those in Ireland and eastwards. (Except maybe New Zealand).

If there is not a lot of interest in such a proposal, then it wouldn't make sense, and fair enough.

Regards
Murray

Alfred Wassermann

May 31, 2022, 3:26:59 AM5/31/22
to JSXGraph
Dear Murray,
this is certainly a good idea!
We will take this in account when planning.
Best wishes,
Alfred