Geometry.envelope before and after Geometry.getEnvelope()

Dmitry Skorinko

Sep 27, 2016, 6:08:43 AM9/27/16
to JSTS devs
I just mentioned that getting Geometry.envelope before and after calling Geometry.getEnvelope() is different.
The right one seems that I receive after calling Geometry.getEnvelope()

If I don't call it envelope seems empty.
Is it ok or not?

Björn

Sep 27, 2016, 11:58:00 AM9/27/16
to JSTS devs
The envelope property is internal, not for public use.

Dmitry Skorinko

Sep 27, 2016, 4:15:22 PM9/27/16
to JSTS devs
How can it be not for public use if it's the only way to get envelope?
for example if I need it for voronoi algorithm

Björn

Sep 28, 2016, 5:30:18 PM9/28/16
to JSTS devs
You get the envelope using the public getEnvelope method.

Björn

Sep 29, 2016, 7:52:18 AM9/29/16
to JSTS devs
Correction,

* With g.getEnvelope you get a Geometry representing the bounding box of the Geometry g.
* With g.getEnvelopeInternal you get an Envelope object describing the bounding box of the Geometry g.

/Björn