Malformed Authorization header?

Mike Remski

Apr 5, 2023, 11:32:27 AM4/5/23
to JsSIP
Adding authorization_jwt as a parameter to the UA config works as
desired with respect to the websocket.

The messages on the wire as shown by logs in JsSIP:Transport send()
have added the Authorization header but it looks to be missing "Bearer".

The header logged is of the form:
Authorization: "value of my jwt"

but the other side is expecting:

Authorization: Bearer "value of my jwt".

JsSIP docs for 3.9.x says:
authorization_jwt

JWT token (String) to use as authentication credential. If defined,
every outgoing SIP request will contain a Authorization header using
the Bearer scheme and the given value.

My understanding of RFC 6750, section 2.1 the word "Bearer" is the
scheme and is mandatory part of that header.

Am I misunderstanding the RFC or is this a problem?

thanks

José Luis Millán

May 10, 2023, 11:32:01 AM5/10/23
to js...@googlegroups.com
The JWT is sent in the Authorization SIP header of the messages.

José Luis Millán