Trying to use jssip on react-native 0.70.7

Ronald Blanco

Mar 21, 2023, 3:34:34 PM3/21/23
to JsSIP
Hello, I am trying to use jssip 3.7.6 in react-native 0.70.7 (upgrading from react-native 0.63.3) with react-native-webrtc 1.84.0 after some updates and testings from references of the project react-native-jssip (deprecate) i am able to start a call successfully but always the Remote SDP that arrive to my freeswitch server does not have any a=candidate: and the call ends as INCOMPATIBLE_DESTINATION I am sending pcConfig on the options for the call correctly and the information arrived until the new RTCPeerConnection(pcConfig, rtcConstraints) but always the candidates are empty.
Any idea to how to address or fix this?

To reproduce: Reusing the folder lib-es5 from react-native-jssip on jssip it is allowing me to start the call with this problem (without the folder i am getting 0 activity and nothing arrive to my pbx server).
node version 18.15.0

Brandon Lee

Mar 21, 2023, 5:28:17 PM3/21/23
to js...@googlegroups.com

Hello Ronald,

Are you setting media_webrtc=true in FreeSWITCH?

Respectfully,

BRANDON LEE

CTO

snap

Toll Free: 1.888.240.5233

Direct:  1.323.652.4701

Fax: 1.323.652.4751
Email:
bl...@circuitid.com
Website:
www.circuitid.com

DISCLAIMER .:. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE TO RECIPIENT

This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged (including, without limitation, attorney-client privilege). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender, and delete it immediately.

Mar 22, 2023, 8:45:16 AM3/22/23
to JsSIP
Freeswitch it is well configure, I have the previous version of the APP using react-native-jssip and a web sip.js softphone working in the same server perfectly.

Ronald Blanco

Mar 27, 2023, 12:08:55 AM3/27/23
to JsSIP
Hello Brandon;

You were right respecting my freeswitch server; after some research and configuration I did activate successfully the verto module for webrtc, apparently working fine (verto demo call without problems) but I am getting this error on server when testing Jssip client:

2023-03-27 01:04:12.847044 [DEBUG] mod_verto.c:4273 IP:52578 Client Connect from IP:52578 accepted
2023-03-27 01:04:12.847044 [DEBUG] mod_verto.c:2018 IP:52578 Starting client thread.
2023-03-27 01:04:13.027047 [DEBUG] mod_verto.c:607 WRITE IP:52578 [{
"jsonrpc": "2.0",
"error": {
"code": -32600,
"message": "Invalid Request"
},
"id": null
}]
2023-03-27 01:05:32.207043 [WARNING] mod_verto.c:1904 IP:52579 BAD READ -1
2023-03-27 01:05:32.207043 [DEBUG] mod_verto.c:2045 IP:52579 Ending client thread.
2023-03-27 01:05:32.207043 [DEBUG] mod_verto.c:2053 IP:52579 Thread ended

Any idea??
Thanks.

Ronald Blanco

Mar 27, 2023, 2:17:03 PM3/27/23
to JsSIP
When testing using websocket secure I am having a constantly error: no valid rtp, rtcp suitable candidates found.

Brandon Lee

Mar 27, 2023, 2:39:34 PM3/27/23
to js...@googlegroups.com

Hello Ronald,

Please note that in the scenarios that I’ve deployed, I did not use or require FreeSWITCH mod_verto to integrate JSSIP.  Therefore, my knowledge would be limited in that regard.  Even more, FreeSWTICH provides their own client that will integrate with mod_verto as shown at https://github.com/freeswitch/verto-client.  Having stated that, in the scenarios whereas I’ve integrated FreeSWITCH and JSSIP successfully, mod_verto is not enable/in-use.  Nonetheless, I’ve integrated JSSIP with FreeSWITCH in a similar way you would integrate SIP clients with the exception of supporting web sockets and setting media_webrtc=true when dialing a registered JSSIP client.

Lastly, you may find more information in regards to FreeSWITCH set https://developer.signalwire.com/freeswitch/FreeSWITCH-Explained/Configuration/WebRTC_3375381/ in which they list JsSIPs as a client, provided that this is your goal.

Ronald Blanco

Mar 27, 2023, 4:57:56 PM3/27/23
to JsSIP
Hello Brandon;

Thanks for you replay, I have been able to make calls correctly without verto (as you comment) with the help of a problem you find about the pcConfig on a conversation and some adjustments on my server. You were of great help because i did not thought I would have to update my server configuration. I will comment to you when I finish all the process.

Juan Pablo

Mar 27, 2023, 10:21:18 PM3/27/23
to JsSIP
Hello Ronald,

So you're able to run JsSIP in RN 0.70.7? Any plans on publishing a PR to react-native-jssip or something like that? If not, if you could at least provide some instructions on how to achieve this it would be much appreciated.