rtcOfferConstraints is not respected in Safari

Soundarapandian Rathinasamy

May 19, 2021, 3:44:52 PM5/19/21
to JsSIP
Hello team,

I would like to initiate the call without caller's video when the camera permission denied but still would like to receive the video stream from the other end. I tried the following option when placing the call.

mediaConstraints: { audio: true, video: false },
rtcOfferConstraints: {offerToReceiveVideo: true}

This works great in the Chrome and Firefox but Safari does not respect the offerToReceiveVideo. It does not include the video media in the SDP. So only audio can be received when the caller denied the camera access.

Do we need any additional steps to make this work in the Safari?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Soundar

Iñaki Baz Castillo

May 19, 2021, 3:51:08 PM5/19/21
to js...@googlegroups.com
This is not a JsSIP question but a generic WebRTC question so you may get better answers in a webrtc forum.

Iñaki Baz Castillo
<i...@aliax.net>