Help needed for applying TCK commercial license

Gu Rui

Dec 12, 2016, 4:31:25 PM12/12/16
to jsr107, brian....@oracle.com, camero...@oracle.com, gl...@gregluck.com
Dear Leads and Experts:

Since this is my first post to this Google Group, so please allow me to formally introduce myself before I start bothering everyone. My name is Rui Gu, I am a member of the Redisson (http://redisson.org) team.

We (The Redisson Team) are relatively a late comer to the JSR 107 party, we have finished the implementation of the API and we would like to have some help and advice on how to formally obtain the TCK commercial license so that we can officially test our implementation against the TCK and publish our results.

Your help is much appreciated

Best regards

Rui

The Redisson Team

Greg Luck

Dec 14, 2016, 12:53:12 PM12/14/16
to Gu Rui, Jens Wilke, jsr107, Brian Oliver, camero...@oracle.com
Gu

Jens can help you to run the TCK.

Regards

Greg Luck

skype: gregrluck
mobile US: +1 650 924 6244
mobile Australia: +61 408 061 622

Brian Oliver

Dec 15, 2016, 9:59:47 AM12/15/16
to Gu Rui, jsr107, Greg Luck
Hi Rui,

Thanks for your email.  I’m attempting to track down the best person / email to submit the executed TCK licenses agreement so everything is ready to go.

In the meantime you can easily start testing compatibility with the TCK.   We’ll help out while the documents are executed etc.   That way once the implementation passes, we’re ready to go.

Hope this helps.

Regards

— Brian | JCache co-spec lead.

Brian Oliver | Architect | brian....@oracle.com
Oracle | Coherence Engineering

Jens Wilke

Dec 20, 2016, 6:27:01 AM12/20/16
to jsr107
On Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2016 09:53:06 CET Greg Luck wrote:
> Gu
>
> Jens can help you to run the TCK.

Hello everybody,

the redission JCache implementation just got added to the test zoo and passes
the TCK.

Great to have one more implementation and JCache gains popularity!

The complete list of implementations currently covered by the test-zoo are
here:
https://github.com/cruftex/jsr107-test-zoo/blob/master/report.md

Cheers,

Jens

Here are the coordinates for Redisson JCache:

## Redisson JCache test

Implementation URL: http://redisson.org

### Test configuration

```` xml
<implementation-groupId>org.redisson</immplementation-groupId>
<implementation-artifactId>redisson</implementation-artifactId>
<implementation-version>2.7.2</implementation-version>
<CacheManagerImpl>org.redisson.jcache.JCacheManager</CacheManagerImpl>
<CacheImpl>org.redisson.jcache.JCache</CacheImpl>
<CacheEntryImpl>org.redisson.jcache.JCacheEntry</CacheEntryImpl>
<javax.management.builder.initial>org.redisson.jcache.JCacheMBeanServerBuilder</
javax.management.builder.initial>
<org.jsr107.tck.management.agentId>anyvalue</
org.jsr107.tck.management.agentId>
<jcache.api.version>1.0.0<jcache.api.version>
<jcache.tck.version>1.0.1<jcache.tck.version>
<jsr107-test-zoo-version>1.1-SNAPSHOT<jsr107-test-zoo-version>
````

### Test result

### Excluded tests

- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest putIfAbsent_Missing
- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest getAndPut_NotThere
- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest putAll
- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest getAndPut_Existing
- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest putIfAbsent_There
- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest get_Existing
- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest replace_3arg
- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest get_Existing_NotSameKey
- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest put_Existing_NotSameKey
- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest getAndReplace
- org.jsr107.tck.StoreByReferenceTest getAndPut_Existing_NotSameKey
- org.jsr107.tck.CachingTest dummyTest
- org.jsr107.tck.TypesTest
simpleAPINoGenericsAndNoTypeEnforcementStoreByReference

Excluded tests total: 13

--
"Everything superfluous is wrong!"

// Jens Wilke - headissue GmbH - Germany
\// https://headissue.com

Gu Rui

Dec 20, 2016, 10:34:36 AM12/20/16
to jsr107
Hi, Greg, Brian and Jens

Thank you so much for your guidance and help. For us, the Redisson team, it has been a great and memorable journey to implement the API that brings the Java community to Redis one step closer. We wouldn't be at where we are now without your help and support.

In order for us to finally bring it to the hands of our community, please explain to us the next step forward.

Please accept our apology that we are not legal experts, it would be great if you can explain the process in a little more detail.

Much appreciated.

Best regards

Rui Gu
The Redisson Team

Gu Rui

Jan 5, 2017, 12:43:30 PM1/5/17
to jsr107
Hi Greg, Brian and Jens,

Happy new year to you all.

Just come back from a family holiday in China, where I have no access to any google services. So please accept my apology for been silent for the past few days.

I can see we are officially been accepted as compatible implementations from https://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/implementations/jsr107/index.html please allow me on behalf of the Redisson team to thank all of you for the support you have provided.

This is an important milestone for us and for all of our users. We won't be here without you.

Thank you!

Best regards

Rui Gu
The Redisson Team

Greg Luck

Gu Rui

Jun 8, 2017, 11:58:48 AM6/8/17
to jsr107, jacky...@gmail.com, gl...@gregluck.com
Hi Brian,

I hope this email finds you well. It has been a few months since we have passed the TCK and been officially listed as one of the compliant implementations. I can't thank you enough for your help in making this happen. However we are still waiting on the TCK license agreement to be signed, can you let me know what is the state of the current progress and who is the best person that I can contact to keep track of it?

Best regards

Rui