Impossible to be compliaint with JCache 1.0 and JCache 1.1

Enrico Olivelli

Nov 7, 2017, 10:00:35 AM11/7/17
to jsr107
Hi,
I am looking at JCache 1.1 and I am working to create a new release of BlazingCache which passes the new TCK.
The problem is that it is not possible to satisfy requirements of 1.1 TCK without breaking compatibility with 1.0 TCK.

Which is the best option ? Should I file a new "request for compliance" for the new version of BlazingCache against JCache 1.1 ?

Congrats for the great for on JCache 1.1

Best regards
Enrico Olivelli

Jens Wilke

Nov 7, 2017, 11:31:01 AM11/7/17
to jsr...@googlegroups.com, Enrico Olivelli
On Dienstag, 7. November 2017 16:00:35 CET Enrico Olivelli wrote:
Hi Enrico,

thanks for testing!

> I am looking at JCache 1.1 and I am working to create a new release of
> BlazingCache which passes the new TCK.
> The problem is that it is not possible to satisfy requirements of 1.1 TCK
> without breaking compatibility with 1.0 TCK.

I saw already created a TCK issue.

What you try to achieve is impossible. There are some TCK tests that test on
different semantics. This is intentionally. We want implementations to correct
the behavior.

Here is a list of affected tests I compiled a while ago:
https://cache2k.org/docs/1.0/user-guide.html#implementation-details

If you find more issues, just mail on the list.

Best,

Jens

--
"Everything superfluous is wrong!"

// Jens Wilke - headissue GmbH - Germany
\// https://headissue.com