Show slider position's numeric value in image-slider-response

adewoo...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 12:52:28 PM3/27/18
to jsPsych
Hi all,

I'd like my participants to be able to give precise responses using the slider, so I want to print the numeric value of the slider's current position below the slider and have it update as they move the slider. I'm new to jsPsych and have been struggling for a while to modify the image-slider-response.js code, to no avail.

Any hints would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Adrienne Wood
Department of Psychology
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Josh de Leeuw

Apr 2, 2018, 6:04:02 PM4/2/18
to adewoo...@gmail.com, jsPsych
Hi Adrienne,

You'll need to add an event handler to the range slider. This example shows how to do it, and should be adaptable into the jsPsych plugin.

Cheers,
Josh

Pedro Neto

Aug 8, 2018, 8:25:20 PM8/8/18
to jsPsych
Hy, did anyone manage to do that? If so, would you send me the modified plug-in?
I am really having a hard time to change it from the pre-existing plug-in

Thanks,
P.N.

Silvio Ravaioli

May 17, 2022, 11:51:44 PM5/17/22
to jsPsych
Hi all,

Does anybody have a modified version of the html-slider-response-plugin for JSPsych >=7.0 that displays the number of the slider?
There are some promising discussions on this on GitHub [here] and [here] but I did not manage to implement it and I was looking for help.

Best,
Silvio