EEG study options

Priscila Borges

Sep 22, 2022, 6:26:19 AM9/22/22
to jsPsych
Hi everyone,

I created a task using JsPsych a while ago, but my requirements have changed from running an online experiment to running an EEG experiment. Therefore, I’m thinking of changing to Psychopy, as JsPsych doesn’t seem to support EEG triggering (I could only find this extension GitHub - rivasd/jsPsychHardware: A Google Chrome Extension and native hosts allowing jspsych to interact with hardware, but it hasn’t been updated in a few years) and Psychopy seems to do so.
I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to proceed in the most efficient way, e.g., 1) whether to build another experiment from scratch in PsychoPy builder, 2) try to use the outdated extension in JsPscych, 3) somehow convert part of the Javascript code to Python (maybe with this GitHub - PiotrDabkowski/Js2Py: JavaScript to Python Translator & JavaScript interpreter written in 100% pure Python🚀 Try it online:) and build a Psyschopy experiment with the Coder. or 4) whether to use different software that is neither Psychopy or JsPsych.

All thoughts are highly appreciated!

Thank you!

Priscila Borges

Sep 22, 2022, 7:57:06 AM9/22/22
to jsPsych

Josh de Leeuw

Sep 22, 2022, 8:18:01 AM9/22/22
to Priscila Borges, jsPsych
Hi Priscilla,

We have moved the jsPsych support / discussion to the Discussion feature on the main GitHub repository. Would you mind posting this thread there?

The short answer is that it will depend on your eeg system to some degree, so if you can include info about that it would be helpful!