Modelling Overnight Cost using Hours of Service Rules

Scott Onyx Harmon

Nov 3, 2015, 5:55:44 PM11/3/15
to jsprit-mailing-list
I would like to take into consideration "overnight costs".  I.e. for each night a driver is out, there are some fixed costs and I would like the VR algorithm to take that cost into consideration.  The current hours of service laws in the US are 11 hours drive time and 14 hours on duty (clock for the 14 hours starts when you start).  There are also some little things like there must be a 30 minute break at by 8 hours into your duty and some in city driving may be considered on duty, but not driving time.

What would be the best way to go about this?

Thanks!

Stefan Schroeder

Nov 5, 2015, 2:45:39 AM11/5/15
to jsprit-ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

good questions. When it comes to the breaks, what you can currently do only is to identify a daytime span where the driver needs to make a break (only one break is supported), e.g. the driver needs a 30min break between 1pm and 2pm.

When it comes to the overnight costs, I have not yet thought about this thoroughly. Has anybody here in the mailing list experienced a similar usecase?

Best,
Stefan