Tern plugin to support Jspm

Olivier Ligot

Apr 8, 2016, 9:46:21 AM4/8/16
to jspm
Hi all,

According to it's website
Tern is a stand-alone code-analysis engine for JavaScript.
It is intended to be used with a code editor plugin to enhance the editor's support for intelligent JavaScript editing.

Tern understand the ES6 modules syntax but the only built-in supported loader is Webpack.
I just wrote a tern plugin to support Jspm, meaning you can now easily navigate your source code, being local modules or external one.
The plugin is available here:
https://github.com/oligot/tern-jspm
I've only tested it with vim as it's my main editor but I would be interested to know if it works with other editors.

Anyway, feedback is welcome.

Regards,

Olivier

Guy Bedford

Apr 10, 2016, 11:47:24 AM4/10/16
to Olivier Ligot, jspm
Amazing work, thanks for sharing.

I've added this to the list at https://github.com/jspm/jspm-cli/wiki/Third-Party-Resources, but please share elsewhere if you can.

I also noticed that the webpack plugin was merged into core in https://github.com/ternjs/tern/commit/ae3ce30da174d2a58bc83cabc6c1ede8c703de25.

Perhaps a simplified version (without dependencies) may be suitable for inclusion in due course.