Persisting jspm overrides in dependency of dependency

Nathan Friend

Jul 6, 2016, 4:23:05 PM7/6/16
to jspm
I have a jspm project which depends on angular-nvd3.  After correctly configuring the override for the angular-nvd3 project, my project is using the angular-nvd3 library with no issues.  However, I have a second jspm project which requires my first jspm project as a dependency.  When I run a "jspm install" on my second project, the override for angular-nvd3 is no longer persisted when the library is installed, and angular-nvd3 is installed as if there was no override information provided.  How can I configure the override in my first jspm project so that the override persists when running "jspm install" in my second project?

Nathan Friend

Jul 6, 2016, 5:08:33 PM7/6/16
to jspm
I should mention that I'm using jspm 0.16.  Also, my first jspm project (the one being required as a dependency by my second jspm project) is being hosted in a local GitLab instance.  I'm using jspm-git to register our local GitLab instance as a jspm registry.

Nathan Friend

Jul 6, 2016, 5:14:52 PM7/6/16
to jspm
And I guess I should also include that I've tried adding the "registry" property to my first project's package.json.  I've tried both "jspm" and "my-custom-registry-name", neither of which seemed to have any effect.

Guy Bedford

Jul 15, 2016, 11:38:14 AM7/15/16
to Nathan Friend, jspm
The jspm registry is designed to share overrides across projects - https://github.com/jspm/registry.

PRs are always welcome and you can also run your own fork of the registry as well if you like.