Help: Getting `System is not defined` error after update

Rahul Gupta

Apr 14, 2016, 8:58:57 PM4/14/16
to jspm
I had recently updated all my packages for jspm and everything went bust...
was earlier on SystemJS 0.19.16 not sure of which JSPM but 0.16.x

Now on JSPM 0.16.33 and SystemJS 0.19.22

This is what I did:
```
npm update jspm
jspm update
jspm dl-loader --latest
```

And I now get the error:
```
Uncaught (in promise) Error: ReferenceError: System is not defined
   at chrome-extension://dalkgbnahkeikogilacbebjafiggkbfa/src/jspm_packages/npm/babel...@5.8.38.js:3:4
```

System is defined because I log it. All the files are there as before.

I have tried downgrading babel and jspm by hand but that is no help.

Please help... thanks in advance

BR/Rahul

Rahul Gupta

Apr 14, 2016, 10:28:47 PM4/14/16
to jspm
So after an hour of heartburn....

Everything works with JSPM 0.16.31/SystemJS 0.19.24. I get the following bug in 0.19.25
```
Error: TypeError: undefined is not a function at execute (projectpath/src/somepath/someprojectfile.js!transpiled:8:11)
Error loading projectpath/src/src/somepath/bootstrap.js
 message: "TypeError: undefined is not a function↵
 at execute (projectpath/someprojectfile.js!transpiled:8:11)↵
Error loading projectpath/src/bootstrap.js" originalErr: TypeError: undefined is not a function
stack: nullget stack: function () { [native code] }set stack: function () { [native code] }__proto__: d
```

Am I right in presuming that this is a regression?

Guy Bedford

Apr 16, 2016, 2:29:00 PM4/16/16
to Rahul Gupta, jspm
Is this due to `require` being undefined?

Perhaps try 0.19.26.