Web Services API (RESTful JSON) requirements/Specs/Design

avere...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2013, 3:22:36 AM10/23/13
to jsonweb...@googlegroups.com

I have no experience with Web Services API (RESTful JSON)

There are a number of custom integrations on top of the app in place that write directly to the database in the current local server.

With a imminent move to a Data Center there will be no access to the SQL Servers to perform direct Create/Read/Update/Deletes.

There needs to be integrations that provide an approach for changing the direct reads & writes to the SQL database with RESTful JSON Services.

I will get the source Code for their custom application that performs the reads and writes directly to the local server database, need to confirm all the reads and writes (by object) and write specification for the web services APIs

I will need write the requirements/Specs/Design for this web service.

Any suggestions in the needed steps would be greatly appreciated.

Sundar Murthi

Oct 23, 2013, 4:40:01 AM10/23/13
to jsonweb...@googlegroups.com, avere...@gmail.com
Hi,
    Thank you for contacting.
Web Service (SOAP/JAON) slightly  different form RESTful service.   Web Service use only http POST, but Rest also support GET. Each as advantages and disadvantages.
jsonwebservice uses We Service technic,  SOAP specification using JSON data.

In both case of REST or SOAP, DB interaction is responsibility of developer choice.

From your email, I do suspect you may need consulting service.

Regards
  Sundar