Version 3.0.0a1 on PyPI

Trevor Bedford

Jul 10, 2018, 2:18:12 PM7/10/18
to jsonschema - An implementation of JSON Schema for Python
Thanks so much for building this. It's been great to work with so far. We'd like to specify that we need version >= 3.0.0a1 in our setup.py file, but this release is only available via GitHub. This has necessitated using `--process-dependency-links` to install from the repo as shown here: https://github.com/nextstrain/augur/blob/master/setup.py#L32.

As far as I can see, all the other releases on GitHub were pushed to PyPI. Do you intend to push 3.0 alpha releases to PyPI? This would be really useful to us. Just wondering about a general timeline.

Thanks again,
 - Trevor Bedford

Julian Berman

Jul 17, 2018, 10:40:26 AM7/17/18
to Trevor Bedford, jsonschema - An implementation of JSON Schema for Python
Yes!

There are still quite a few things that need tidying before a proper release, but I just pushed 3.0.0a1 to PyPI. Comments are definitely welcome, but yeah please do expect some changes (and further alpha releases with those changes) before 3.0 goes out :)

And thank you!
-J

Trevor Bedford

Jul 17, 2018, 2:46:33 PM7/17/18
to jsonschema - An implementation of JSON Schema for Python
Awesome! Thanks so much Julian. I definitely realize that we should expect changes with further alpha releases. This is very helpful though.