Why keep history

Tadeas Moravec

Feb 7, 2012, 11:14:29 AM2/7/12
to JSONRPClib (Python)
Hello,
first let me say that I use JSONRPClib a lot and it's great ;-) .

There's one simple issue I was running into. My program was 'leaking'
memory. After a fortnight of running it was using 20G! After some
hunting (great opportunity to learn pdb, gc and guppy's Heapy
BTW :-) ) I've found that it's caused by JSONRPClib remembering all
requests - jsonrpc.py, line 251 in this case. It's easy to fix by
calling History.clear(), but I wonder why is it like this? What's the
reason for keeping all requests in memory?

Cheers,
Tadeas