Issue 10 in jsonpickle: GAE not finding django.utils.simplejson

jsonp...@googlecode.com

Dec 4, 2009, 4:42:30 PM12/4/09
to jsonp...@googlegroups.com
Owner: john.paulett
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 10 by gordonmcdowell: GAE not finding django.utils.simplejson
http://code.google.com/p/jsonpickle/issues/detail?id=10

Within app-engine-patch-sample of Google App Engine, JSONResponse should be
available in
ragendja.template.

Having jsonpickle present in the app and imported, I'd expect that...

def list_people(request):
return TextResponse( jsonpickle.encode(Person.all().fetch(100), False,
4) )

...would return some JSON structured results. But I get...

jsonpickle requires at least one of the following: cjson, json (new in
python2.6), simplejson,
demjson

...I find by altering jsonpickle/__init__.py line from...

self.load_backend('simplejson', 'dumps', 'loads', ValueError)

...into...

self.load_backend('django.utils.simplejson', 'dumps', 'loads', ValueError)

...I get expected JSON results. How to do this was not immediately obvious
to me, so sharing.

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings

jsonp...@googlecode.com

Dec 12, 2009, 6:36:23 PM12/12/09
to jsonp...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 10 by davvid: GAE not finding django.utils.simplejson
http://code.google.com/p/jsonpickle/issues/detail?id=10

This issue has moved to github:
http://github.com/jsonpickle/jsonpickle/issues/closed#issue/2