Re: Representing category properties

Xavier Badosa

Jul 27, 2017, 7:20:34 AM7/27/17
to json...@googlegroups.com
Dimensions with special roles may have special properties in JSON-stat. For instance, dimensions with the "geo" role support "coordinates"

and dimensions with "metric" role support "unit"

But that's about it. For any property not supported in the spec, you need to use "extension".

Take into account that "extension" can be attached at three different levels. Because in your case you need new properties to describe categories the right level is the dimension one. See for example *.dimension.concept.extension.definition.UNR in

X.

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Manuel Aristarán <jaz...@jazzido.com> wrote:
Hello all,

While implementing JSON-Stat for my project mondrian-rest [1] —a REST endpoint for the Mondrian OLAP server—, I ran into the need of representing properties of categories of a dimension (called members in the MDX world).
For instance, a country in a Geographic dimension might have other properties besides its key and label.

Does the standard include any way to encode them? I guess it's possible to use the extension property, but I was wondering if there's a cleaner way.

Thanks!

[1] http://github.com/jazzido/mondrian-rest