How to handle standard errors

Simon Speich

Feb 18, 2020, 3:56:05 AM2/18/20
to json-stat
We provide for all our metric dimension values a standard error. Let's say I have the concept tree volume which is estimated from a sample for different regions. So, for each volume value I have a corresponding standard error. Would you consider then the tree volume as a dimension of size 2 ?

Xavier Badosa

Feb 18, 2020, 4:55:54 AM2/18/20
to json...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you should use the metric dimension to handle standard errors because it's the the same cube (same non-metric dimensions), only what you measure changes. The goal of the metric dimension is to be able to express in a single cube data in absolute values, as a ratio, as a variation, or even as sampling errors.

X.

Simon Speich