Institutions list

Andrea Borruso

Apr 23, 2021, 2:40:42 AM4/23/21
to json-stat
Hi,
I would like to start to use jsonstat.py from cli.

Where is it possibile to read the list of institutions and their endpoints?

Thank you

Xavier Badosa

Apr 25, 2021, 9:58:15 AM4/25/21
to json...@googlegroups.com
Where is it possibile to read the list of institutions and their endpoints?

If you mean the list of agencies that have APIs with JSON-stat support, I'm not aware that no one has ever written such a list. At https://json-stat.org/ front page there's a list of agencies supporting JSON-stat: building a list of end-points, though, is a different matter: many of them don't have a single entry point.

X.

andy

Apr 25, 2021, 10:19:37 AM4/25/21
to json...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Xavier.

In jsonstatpy there is a ISTAT example based.
In this example I can't figure out what is the endpoint ISTAT jsonstat URL.
There you have "impor istat", so I figured you have a list that I could start from and extract this information from.

Best regards

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "json-stat" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/json-stat/CAFUfaOSF6LLfmCNj72rmuT_LayGC%2BVrr0K5%2BNCQ5rG-3-X%2BpuA%40mail.gmail.com.

--
___________________

Andrea Borruso
website: https://medium.com/tantotanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E, EPSG:4326
___________________

"cercare e saper riconoscere chi e cosa,
 in mezzo all’inferno, non è inferno,
e farlo durare, e dargli spazio"

Italo Calvino

Xavier Badosa

Apr 25, 2021, 10:36:07 AM4/25/21
to json...@googlegroups.com
Andrea,

I'm not the developer of jsonstat.py so I can't answer specifically on issues related to this Python library.

That said, if you look at the front page of json-stat.org you'll notice that Istat is crossed out. In the very beginning JSON-stat was a project of Vincenzo Patruno (Istat) and myself. Vincenzo developed an API that allowed to retrieve Istat's datasets in the JSON-stat format (v.1). Thanks to that effort, Istat was the first NSI to serve its datasets in the JSON-stat format (and, at the time, I think that was the only public API at Istat).

Unfortunately, after many years working perfectly, Istat discontinued such effort some years ago.

X.

andy

Apr 25, 2021, 10:41:38 AM4/25/21
to json...@googlegroups.com