Another JSON Schema in the IETF?

已查看 97 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Andrew Newton

未读,
2019年7月25日 18:18:032019/7/25
收件人 json-...@googlegroups.com
I wish to bring this to the attention of this community.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/json/W5k7W204RrpErkQswys-FNeTKH4

Please keep in mind that this does not mean the IETF is moving forward
on the topic. However it is important that this community be aware of
other efforts.

-andy

Henry Andrews

未读,
2019年7月25日 19:25:292019/7/25
收件人 json-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Andy.  We are aware of it.  It's by someone who wanted things out of JSON Schema that were against the direction of the project.  Or in some cases could be done but not RIGHT THEN THAT WEEK like he wanted.  I actually encouraged him to write his own spec; really the only thing that I have a problem with is that the name is confusingly close to ours, but he's gotten that feedback from the IETF folks as well.

I personally don't thing that his system will hold up under a broad enough range of use cases, but if it finds a home and he's willing to slog through the IETF politics he's welcome to do so.  We're focused on improving the experience of the large existing JSON Schema community, which will hopefully continue to expand.

I believe one of our editors- Austin Wright- has been keeping a closer eye on that discussion.

thanks,
-henry

Andrew Newton

未读,
2019年7月26日 05:30:552019/7/26
收件人 json-...@googlegroups.com
Henry,

Yes, the name collision is unfortunate and somewhat inappropriate. I'm
glad you are on top of this already.

take care.
-andy

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:25 PM 'Henry Andrews' via JSON Schema
<json-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Andy. We are aware of it. It's by someone who wanted things out of JSON Schema that were against the direction of the project. Or in some cases could be done but not RIGHT THEN THAT WEEK like he wanted. I actually encouraged him to write his own spec; really the only thing that I have a problem with is that the name is confusingly close to ours, but he's gotten that feedback from the IETF folks as well.
>
> I personally don't thing that his system will hold up under a broad enough range of use cases, but if it finds a home and he's willing to slog through the IETF politics he's welcome to do so. We're focused on improving the experience of the large existing JSON Schema community, which will hopefully continue to expand.
>
> I believe one of our editors- Austin Wright- has been keeping a closer eye on that discussion.
>
> thanks,
> -henry
>

> On Thursday, July 25, 2019, 03:18:04 PM PDT, Andrew Newton <an...@hxr.us> wrote:
>

> I wish to bring this to the attention of this community.
>
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/json/W5k7W204RrpErkQswys-FNeTKH4
>
> Please keep in mind that this does not mean the IETF is moving forward
> on the topic. However it is important that this community be aware of
> other efforts.
>
> -andy
>
> --
回复全部