How to define heterogeneous array items type

Simone Tripodi

Oct 12, 2018, 4:17:59 AM10/12/18
to JSON Schema
Hi all,

In Apache Sling we have a Feature model, defined using the JSON format, which mixes usage of "string" and "object" array items type, i.e.

  "bundles":[

    "org.osgi:osgi.core:7.0.0",

    {

      "id":"org.osgi:org.osgi.framework:1.9.0",

      "start-level":"20"

    }

  ]

I am now trying to define a JSON schema for modelling the feature model, but got in trouble how to describe such structure in the schema.

Do you have any suggestion, please?
Any hint will be more than appreciated, many thanks in advance!
~Simo

Felix Meschberger

Oct 12, 2018, 11:41:35 AM10/12/18
to json-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Simone

I think you can use the "anyOf" construct for this:

"anyOf": [

  { "type": "string" },

  { "type": "object", "properties": { ... } }

]

Regards

Felix