suggestion : to add support for automatic argument checking ...

Wim Delvaux

Sep 27, 2019, 6:20:43 PM9/27/19
to JSON-RPC
Json is very nice and flexible but it can be causes for error if you are in a design phase of your protocol.

Therefore It would be handy if you could automatically check if any expected input value and result value is present in the request or the reply.

For this to work you need a definition of the request/reply which could refer to a JSON Schema.

For the request the method name would be perfect.
However for the reply there is no name for the reply type.  Therefore I would suggest to add a field 'replytype' which allows for a name that refers to a schema.

Nathan Fischer

Sep 30, 2019, 1:22:30 PM9/30/19
to JSON-RPC
I agree this would be super useful. Although I'm not sure it needs to go in the main spec.
Perhaps we could make a schema for an object which could go in the `data` field of an error response in the case of a -32600 or -32602 error? This schema could then be an optional extension to the main spec.