Updated spec - CURIE/IRI clarification, normalization, JSON-LD API

Manu Sporny

Nov 28, 2010, 1:35:17 AM11/28/10
to JSON-LD, Nathan Rixham
Hi folks,

Did a quick rev of the JSON-LD specification tonight to bring it up to
speed with some online and offline discussions I've had with interested
parties over the past month.

Latest spec:

http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20101128/

Diff-marked version:

http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20101128/diff-20101024.html

Changes include:

* Updated rules for expressing CURIEs/IRIs
http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20101128/#iris
* Added JSON-LD API for mapping JSON-LD to JSON in an
easier, less error-prone way:
http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20101128/#the-json-ld-api
* Added a mechanism for normalization of JSON-LD data
to help implement equality comparison as well as
help implement digital signatures on RDF Graphs:
http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20101128/#methods-2

Nathan, the JSON-LD API, specifically jsonld.toObject(), is influenced
in part by the discussion we've been having over the past two days. It's
not all there yet, just a rough cut to see how much of your blog post[1]
we can achieve via JSON-LD. Will mull it over a bit more over the coming
week.

-- manu

[1] http://webr3.org/blog/linked-data/opening-linked-data/

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.