SEVERE: Timeout waiting unbind response org.jsmpp.extra.ResponseTimeoutException: No response after waiting for 2000 millis when executing unbind

loke...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2014, 2:32:26 AM4/10/14
to js...@googlegroups.com
Hi Uudashr,
We are implementing SMPP protocol for first time. We are able to send SMS to simulator using JSMPP library and send bulk sms. We have requirement to send bulk SMS during cirisis management and wanted to check if using submitMultiple method for sending the bulk sms's is the right approach. Also I am a bit concerned about the timeout which are hardcoded in your library for 2000 seconds. So chances of they throwing exception if timingout is high due to network latency during binding and unbind.

1) So wanted to the check with you simple architecture to implement this?
2) Also we are getting below exception when the unbind request is getting executed. Do you think increasing the timeout is the idle approach?
3)  If unbind fails, what is the impact on the production system for subsequent requests to bind and send sms?

SEVERE: Timeout waiting unbind response

org.jsmpp.extra.ResponseTimeoutException: No response after waiting for 2000 millis when executing unbind with sessionId cd6246e5 and sequenceNumber 3

                at org.jsmpp.session.AbstractSession.executeSendCommand(AbstractSession.java:261)

                at org.jsmpp.session.AbstractSession.unbind(AbstractSession.java:309)

Regards,
Lokesh

Stefán Þorvarðarson

Apr 10, 2014, 4:52:30 AM4/10/14
to js...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I would recommend not using submitMultiple but rather use submit to send individual messages. Then you can request a delivery receipt for each message that is sent. The timeout that you are seing is not hardcoded into the library, it is easy to change it with the setTransactionTimer() method.

1) This question is out of scope regarding the library because this is dependant on so many external factors, for example, how you are storing the list of numbers to send to, how the work is initiated, how the text is chosen, do you want delivery notifications and is this a web app or an executable running on the desktop?

2) You should take a tcpdump of the communcation to see if the connection is being closed by the smsc. The problem could be that the smsc is simply closing the connection instead of correctly sending the unbind response and then closing the connection. I have experienced such problems on some smsc.

3) If the connection is not closed correctly on the application side, it will eventually time out on the smsc. However, in the meantime the application could experience problems connecting if the smsc only allows a limited number of simultanious connections.

Best regards,
Stefan

Apr 12, 2014, 11:19:05 AM4/12/14
to js...@googlegroups.com
Dear Stefan,
Thanks for coming back so quick really appreciate that. Since we are building solution for crisis management we are not waiting for delivery receipt message. My thought was submit_multi message would be efficient since the message text is same for all the numbers.

1) The strange issue I am facing is if one of the numbers is incorrect then the message is not getting sent to any number is the list by SMPP. Is this is the standard behavior from SMPP service provider?
2) If you say submit_sm is the better approach I would like some help on how to build the receiver part of logic because I am binding to the server as Transreceiver?
3) If you want some threading logic to be implemented at the receiver end does it need to listen on specific port and is this required to be shared with SMPP server for returning the message?
4) I might be asking some stupid questions but since this is my first implementation I know need some suggestions on using this library?

The overall object is very simple we need to send some message to mobile and get confirmation if they are submitted to SMPP successfully. But if building solution for delivery recipient is simple I don't mind adding that logic as well. I don't know how to be implement listener side of logic. Also will it work for Transreceiver mode? Thanks

Best Regards,
Lokesh

Tshegofatso Manakana

Mar 10, 2015, 11:51:04 AM3/10/15
to js...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to know how you ended up achieving your goal on this?