extending rules

westworld .westworld

Nov 22, 2012, 3:49:13 PM11/22/12
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Could someone point me to documentation on how to define custom rules for jshint?
I'd like to use jshint as a tool to enforce custom coding guidelines.

many thanks

Anton Kovalyov

Nov 23, 2012, 8:41:53 PM11/23/12
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unfortunately, right now it's impossible to do so. But I'm working on adding a public API to JSHint and the first draft is already in master. So _something_ should be out with the next release.

Anton

Anton

westworld .westworld

Nov 27, 2012, 5:14:29 AM11/27/12
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
ok thnx. I'm looking forward to try it out.

westworld .westworld

Jan 18, 2013, 9:29:35 AM1/18/13
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
Anton,

Do you have any update on this?

kind regards,

westworld

Anton Kovalyov

Jan 20, 2013, 10:48:43 PM1/20/13
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
Nothing specific yet.

Raphael Eidus

Feb 15, 2013, 12:00:51 PM2/15/13
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
Could you supply a link to that draft? I too am very interested in this feature.
-Raphael

mukesh pandey

Mar 13, 2013, 2:40:19 AM3/13/13
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
When can we expect it ?

westworld .westworld

Jul 17, 2013, 7:18:54 AM7/17/13
to jsh...@googlegroups.com

Jonathan Klein

Jul 17, 2013, 8:55:45 AM7/17/13
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
This is something that Nicholas Zakas' ESLint tool is designed to do:

For your specific use case (plugging in custom rules) it might work better for you than JSHint.