Turning off some warnings in Eclipse

Jacques Ouille

Jul 23, 2013, 8:39:03 AM7/23/13
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I am using Eclipse with JsHint plugin. I updated the plugin to the last version. Then, since I have a lot of warnings unuseful like "mixed tab and spaces" I want to supress them.
I saw that this subject has already been spoken a lot of times, but all the "solutions" given were not suitable (-W099 ninini did not work, neither smarttabs).

Am I supposed to fork Jshint during my free time  to supress these annoying warnings, will I be taught of doing a better quality by correcting manually my 5 000 mixed tabs and spaces errors, or is there a good solution ?

Thanks

My Jshint options are in Eclipse : Right click on the project -> Properties -> Jshint -> options

PS : nothing of what i added is working :

// Relaxing options
eqeqeq: true,
smarttabs: true,
sub: true,
shadow: true,

"-W099: true"

Thanks

Anton Kovalyov

Jul 23, 2013, 2:53:47 PM7/23/13
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
-W099 should work, maybe your Eclipse plugin doesn't support that format yet? Try adding /*jshint -W099 */ to the top of any file and see if it still generates those warnings.

Anton

Jacques Ouille

Jul 24, 2013, 3:47:29 AM7/24/13
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it works for a file when I do that. Do you have an idea how can I automatize that for all the project (because of course I can't add this line in all my files) ?

Thank you

Anton Kovalyov

Jul 24, 2013, 2:01:43 PM7/24/13
to jsh...@googlegroups.com
If it works for a file that means the problem is with JSHint plugin for Eclipse and not JSHint itself. I suggest asking whoever wrote that plugin. JSHint (project) doesn't ship any officially supported plugins.

Anton