Maintenance & corpus Fund.

abhay kumar

Feb 4, 2013, 8:26:33 AM2/4/13
to me
Dear All,

In Last few days during my interaction with resident while collecting pending Maintenance and corpus, I understood few of our fellow residents are not paying maintenance and not willing to pay due to non functioning of common services like intercom, Construction quality, quality of security guard, STP sound and Smell.

First of let me clarifies as one of resident, I am paying maintenance for Security, Water, Electricity for   Common area, lift, Generator and all common facilities. I pay small share and use complete service. You as a individual also using all facilities for that you have to pay. I am not putting hard work to run someone else house same time difficult for me to feed all others with above opinion. We all purchased flat in our complete sense and also understand rule of group stay. Now if some house Vastu is not good or has some kind of construction error or legal issue or neighbors are not good let’s not blame other for these issue and not pay maintenance.  As builder had registered Flat in Individual name, please sort out issue with builder. Everyone has to pay maintenance for utilization of common services.

Let me give you Association prospective. I completely understand its matter of concern for all of us. We as Association need to understand everyone challenge and concern and committee can’t leave anyone in silo. All committee member have volunteered them self to render their skills & time to maintain apartment and provide harmonious stay. Committee members are not vendor or supplier. Please understand committee members have some practical, legal and financial limitation. Also committee member also have personal challenges with builder, construction and other mentioned services. All have paid complete money to builder knowingly and unknowingly. For his individual error one can’t blame others by raising silly concern like account statement not provided.

Please be informed, committee members are not permanent members.....this position is for a year. All steps and decision are made after discussion with members. Any owner can come forward to take responsibility and bring solution to any ongoing above mentioned challenge in apartment is welcome. All audited records of past collection and expense are available. Come and ask for copy, Association is committed to provide all details. Association can’t read your mind. Come attained meeting, share your ideas, share mail, and meet people. Without talking any step from your side, you cannot deny maintenance/Corpus payment and tell that I am not aware about expenses so I will not pay maintenance. You all have abide by association rule and also have to pay for use of common services by you or your tenant in past, present or in future or even when your flat is not occupied by you after registration .

Corpus Fund is a fund collected from all residents for exigency and for future events like Painting, Transformer, and Lift; Bore well, Purchase of any machinery like Motor, battery, repair of Generator. This is for our convenience to have uninterested service not for individual purpose.

Team work has power to overcome any kind of challenges in our way. Just we need to abide by the rule of team. Association can help us if we help them. It’s always give and take.

Its little long read but hope I clarified ambiguities of set of residents. Please share your views if one differs.

 Abhay

natarajan sridhar

Feb 4, 2013, 9:34:31 AM2/4/13
to jsha...@googlegroups.com, me
First of all , Great initiative Abhay & the Committee for coming forward for such an activity.
As you said it is very much required to have a harmonious apartment and lets put together for the same.

As you rightly said , everyone is using the common area and facilities and will have to get along with the committee decisions ( which is also taken after long discussions ).

Lets continue our support for availing the basic necessities of an apartment as you mentioned such as STP ,motor, lift etc.

Regards

T.N.Natarajan ( Sridhar )

Feb 4, 2013, 11:17:23 PM2/4/13
to jsha...@googlegroups.com
I completely agree what Mr Abhay said.

Only for common facilities association and all members in the
association is responsible.

If the common facilities partially not working and creating problems,
individual can not
do anything only association can intervene and solve the problem. For
example electricity trip in block B, four to five months we suffered
morning, I myself got stuck in lift. For urgent matter if association
takes this much long time to solve, what individual can do.At last Mr
Sundar taken up and solved the problem. This can be done immediately
if the association taken decision long back. If whole apartment suffer
then only association can take fast decision that is not acceptable.

At the last resort to get the common facilities, other than stopping
maintenance, association can suggest what individual member can do?

regards,
Chandrasekaran B
--
B.Chandrasekaran
Scientist

R.P.SUNDAR

Feb 5, 2013, 4:06:52 AM2/5/13
to jsha...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sirs,
Holding our monthly maintenance is not the only solution..As roads are bad so do we stop our Road tax or civic amenities aren't good so do we stop paying our house tax.Since this is a toothless association we can do whatever we want is the attidude.Together we will solve the issues and pay our maintenance on time.Off course each one of us going to be in  the association at one point of time and will know the pain and honouring the commitments on time.

As Abai rightly pointed out we also have  to think twice before spending any money as it is a public fund.A simple mail will question us why you did this without taking approval because i dont find any problem in my house.
With regard to epbx residents are telling my phone is working why should i bother was the attitude.Still no solution found and not allowing us either to go forward neither helping us to solve this issue.
Further if a problem is there kindly highlight in the mail and give suggestions in solving the same.Everbody can have different problems and let us can solve together .
regds..
sundar