Enhanced httpd.js web server

teo

Jan 15, 2011, 8:32:55 AM1/15/11
to JSDB
Hello all!

In my first post I'd like to start with by saying that I find JSDB
amazing. Thank you Shanti and all of you, community members, for such
a nice tool.

Yesterday I contacted Shanti for letting him know that I had been
enhancing his httpd.js script. He nicely replied me quickly saying
that I should post it here, so there it goes!

Please download and try it from http://galinux.myftp.org/cus_webserver/
and let me know any feedback.

So far, I tested it under several versions of Firefox, IExplorer,
Opera and Konqueror using Win XPSP3, VistaSP1 and Mandriva 2008.

Cheers,

Teo Ramirez

teo

Jan 25, 2011, 12:54:12 AM1/25/11
to JSDB
Two tips:

* For those interested in improving the script, I found this info very
useful: http://netsecure.alcpress.com/netcat/ Not only for debugging,
but I guess somehow, performing a call to a external file as netcat,
could be a workaround for dead/malformed connections that currently
set the server frozen.

* I'm getting odd results from system.attributes().size (in function
dir_contents2html), possibly for something OS dependant or sort of an
integer-out-of-range limitation when dealing with large files: when I
retrieve the size of a 1450518528 bytes (1'4GB) file, It reports it as
being -696965120. I'm using Mandriva 2009 and the file is stored in a
Ext3 partition.

code beat

Jul 26, 2018, 1:10:21 PM7/26/18
to JSDB
This is pretty awesome! Thank you for posting.

code beat

Jul 26, 2018, 1:10:21 PM7/26/18
to JSDB
Great work, thanks for sharing, one suggestion though.

When somebody tried to access a forbidden file that is part of the system, for example httpd.js, I think it is better to send a 404 "file not found message" instead of an  403 forbidden message. Because, now you are able to figure out what the server is, for example by calling  //yourserver.com/httpd.js, you know now the file is there because of the forbidden message. In fact as attacker you can identify the server.

Kind regards,
codebeat