Dealing with jscrollpane/bootstrap incompatibility + API question

Anye Freer

Oct 7, 2015, 12:32:06 PM10/7/15
to jscrollpane
Greetings,   I have two issues I'm hoping someone can advise on.

First question, I'm trying to add a jscrollpane to a site where I'm using a bootstrap theme for the general look & feel.

The bootstrap themes require the elements to live inside a

element in order to render properly.

However, putting the jscrollpane inside this div renders it nonfunctional (no scrollbars appear).

If I copy my same jscrollpane outside of this div, it renders the scrollbars and they work.

See attached screenshot that shows the first jscrollpane not rendering as a scrollpane and the second one declared outside the bootstrap container rendering properly.

Unfortunately, this is not a good solution since I have content both above and below the panel that I want to use the scrollpane for that I would like to use bootstrap styles for. (i.e. I want the panel to be in the 1st position inside of the bootstrap well, not underneath the rest of the UI!)

Is there a way to declare the scroll pane inside of the bootstrap container such that it will function properly?

Second question:
The examples on the jscrollpane website show how to dynamically append content, and how to load content via ajax but what I actually want to do is dynamically *replace* the content, is there a command to replace instead of append, or at least to clear before appending?  (As a side note - It would be really nice if the API drilled down more into what you can do to the content pane you retrieve using getContentPane() rather than only listing top level api functions.)

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 11.10.57 AM (2).png