[jscrollpane] Not work in mobile browsers

azzis

Apr 22, 2010, 8:22:43 AM4/22/10
to jscrollpane
Hi! JScrollBar not working properly in mobile browsers on android and
iphone systems!

Kelvin Luck

Apr 23, 2010, 4:11:48 AM4/23/10
to jscro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just tested on Android (the version on the HTC Desire) and jScrollPane
works OK... It actually works better than a standard div with overflow:
hidden!

For example, on this page:

http://www.kelvinluck.com/assets/jquery/jScrollPane/examples.html

I can interact with the first 4 divs on my Android phone but the last one
just acts like it is overflow: hidden... Obviously the interaction is a
bit broken because there is no concept of dragging on a touchscreen. But
it seems to me that jScrollPane works as well as can be expected (and
better than the browsers native solution!)

Cheers,

Kelvin :)

azzis

Apr 23, 2010, 8:07:50 AM4/23/10
to jscrollpane
Hmm. On my HTC Hero, your tests works only if tap on the draging pane
or up down button. But not working if tap and drag on the content of
scrollable div.
My page have thick 10px dragable pane and tap on it not work.

Kelvin Luck

Apr 25, 2010, 9:14:06 AM4/25/10
to jscro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but as I said there is no concept of "drag" on a mobile browser so it
can't work. And it already works better than a started div with "overflow:
auto" (which doesn't even display the scrollbar or arrows for me) so I
don't see how it can be made much better...

You could make a mobile stylsheet (
http://m.alistapart.com/articles/return-of-the-mobile-stylesheet ) which
wouldn't require scrolling of any individual portions of your page if you
want to make sure that your content is accessible across mobile devices...

Cheers,

Kelvin :)

Chetan bane

Aug 16, 2016, 5:43:52 AM8/16/16
to jscrollpane
There is still issue DRag is not working properly

Can you suggest me