No scrollbars == too wide content

Tinyfish

Aug 31, 2010, 6:04:09 AM8/31/10
to jscrollpane
If you install jscrollpane and then the window doesn't need
scrollbars, then the content of the window becomes too wide. A
temporary kludge which seems to work is to uncomment the width setting
in the "no scrollbrs" case:

if (!(isScrollableH || isScrollableV)) {
elem.removeClass('jspScrollable');
pane.css({
'top': 0,
this line commented out --> /* 'width': container.width() + 'px' */
});
removeMousewheel();
removeFocusHandler();
removeKeyboardNav();
unhijackInternalLinks();

Kelvin Luck

Aug 31, 2010, 11:28:21 AM8/31/10
to jscro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report. Do you have an example page showing the problem? It
seems not to be effecting my demo page here:

http://jscrollpane.kelvinluck.com/short.html

Although I'm guessing that maybe you have padding applied to your element
or something?

The kludge may work in your example but will (I believe) break some of the
other functionality of jScrollPane. If I can get an stripped down example
from you showing the broken behaviour (like this one which was submitted
for a different bug:
http://jscrollpane.kelvinluck.com/issues/7/before.html ) then I can add it
to the site and make sure I create a fix which fixes your problem without
breaking anything else,

Thanks,

Kelvin :)

Tinyfish

Aug 31, 2010, 1:09:46 PM8/31/10
to jscrollpane
ok, another stripped out that shows the problem...

http://www.menaredead.org.uk/test/news/xxx_news_front.htm

On Aug 31, 4:28 pm, "Kelvin Luck" <kel...@kelvinluck.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the report. Do you have an example page showing the problem? It
> seems not to be effecting my demo page here:
>
> http://jscrollpane.kelvinluck.com/short.html
>
> Although I'm guessing that maybe you have padding applied to your element
> or something?
>
> The kludge may work in your example but will (I believe) break some of the
> other functionality of jScrollPane. If I can get an stripped down example
>  from you showing the broken behaviour (like this one which was submitted
> for a different bug:  http://jscrollpane.kelvinluck.com/issues/7/before.html) then I can add it

Kelvin Luck

Sep 2, 2010, 4:08:45 AM9/2/10
to jscro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've added this is as an issue on github and added the example code to the
repo ready for putting together a solution:

http://github.com/vitch/jScrollPane/issues/#issue/11

I'll update the issue once I've managed to find a fix,

Cheers,

Kelvin :)

Kelvin Luck

Sep 13, 2010, 12:56:01 PM9/13/10
to jscro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This issue has been resolved in the latest beta of jScrollPane. Please see:

http://jscrollpane.kelvinluck.com/issues/11/after.html