How to annotate JSClass code for use with JSDoc toolkit

Jan Willem Luiten

Sep 27, 2012, 6:55:02 AM9/27/12
to jsclas...@googlegroups.com
My most recent project is based JSClass. In previous projects I annotated my sources and generated documentation using JSDoc toolkit. I now try to do the same with my latest project but can't figure out how to get JSDOc toolkit to generate proper documentation. Only the class entries are documented. So the following generates documentation for the class but not for any of the methods:

/**
 * <p>Creates an instance of DrawController
 * </p>
 * @constructor
 * @this DrawController
 */
JS.ENV.DrawController = new JS.Class("DrawController", {
include: BleedHelper,
/**
 * Test jsdoc toolkit
 * @memberof JS.ENV.DrawController
 * @function
 */
initialize: function (endPoints, document, uiOptions) {...}
}

How do I properly annotate my sources to be used with JSDoc Toolkit?

Regards,

Jan Willem Luiten

James Coglan

Sep 27, 2012, 7:14:33 AM9/27/12
to jsclas...@googlegroups.com

I don't know JSDoc, but I've used PDoc to document JS.Class-based code in the past and it works a treat. http://pdoc.org/ It says it's for Prototype projects but you can actually use it with almost anything.