Trouble building jsclass

Maynard Demmon

May 15, 2013, 4:55:41 PM5/15/13
to jsclas...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to follow the steps in the README.markdown file to build jsclass from source. When I get to the step "bundle install" I'm lost. I'm new to node.js, jake, etc. so I may have something misconfigured. Any ideas what I might be missing?

## Development

To hack on JS.Class you'll need to be able to build it and run the tests. You
need Node.js and Ruby installed, then run:

    cd path/to/js.class
    npm install
    bundle install <-- Poof!
    bundle exec jake

James Coglan

May 15, 2013, 5:09:20 PM5/15/13
to jsclas...@googlegroups.com
On 15 May 2013 21:55, Maynard Demmon <maynar...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to follow the steps in the README.markdown file to build jsclass from source. When I get to the step "bundle install" I'm lost. I'm new to node.js, jake, etc. so I may have something misconfigured. Any ideas what I might be missing?

Thanks, I should clarify that. `bundle` is from a Ruby gem called Bundler, it installs project dependencies. Run these two commands to get everything you need:

$ gem install bundler (might require sudo)
$ bundle install --path .bundle

Maynard Demmon

May 15, 2013, 5:48:04 PM5/15/13
to jsclas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that worked. Also, I really like this class system so thanks for making it available.