Suggestion JSclass/JStest/JQuery Hello world example for browser

Ted Goldstein

Mar 12, 2014, 1:19:39 PM3/12/14
to jsclas...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am a newbie to JSclass/JStest, though I am recidivist OOP tools guy since 1986;  Smalltalk , Java,  Xcode are just a few of my crimes.   Knowing too much may be my problem.

I am looking for a simple "hello world" example that uses both JSclass and JStest for a  browser based application using the preferred layout.
I have looked at  the  example on http://jsclass.jcoglan.com/introduction.html. The problem is that it is written to be agnostic about whether it is browser JavaScript or server Javascript.  I have also looked at the JStest repository  and looked at the browser.html file there.

But what is really needed is something that is something that shows a small but realistic fully worked stand-alone example. Preferably one that used JQuery (since it is the most popular browser framework).

Does anyone have something like this ?

Thanks,
Ted

James Coglan

Apr 22, 2014, 6:12:16 AM4/22/14
to jsclas...@googlegroups.com

I'm not sure what you're referring to here; there is no 'preferred layout', these libraries do not care how you organise your project. The closest thing that exists to this is this blog post https://blog.jcoglan.com/2012/01/23/organizing-a-project-with-js-packages/ and the jstest docs http://jstest.jcoglan.com, although it should be understood that those represent how I do things, not how you *have* to do things.

But what is really needed is something that is something that shows a small but realistic fully worked stand-alone example. Preferably one that used JQuery (since it is the most popular browser framework).

It would be useful if you could explain what kinds of problems you're having getting this set up. JS.Class is entirely unrelated to jQuery, so I'm not sure why jQuery needs to be treated specially in a tutorial compared to all the existing documentation of using JS.Class with arbitrary libraries and your own application code.