Release of JSBML-1.3.1

Nicolas Rodriguez

Dec 19, 2017, 11:18:36 AM12/19/17
to jsbml-development, sbml-d...@googlegroups.com

We are pleased to announce the release of JSBML-1.3.1, which is now
available for download from GitHub
(https://github.com/sbmlteam/jsbml/releases/tag/jsbml-1.3.1).

JSBML is a community-driven project to create a free, open-source, pure
Java library for reading, writing, and manipulating SBML files and data
streams. It is an alternative to the mixed Java/native code-based
interface provided in libSBML.

For more details, please visit the JSBML project home page:

http://sbml.org/Software/JSBML

The main new feature in this release is the support for SBML Level 3
Version 2 and the development of the offline validator. We have also
started to write some converters that transform SBML documents. In
particular, a converter that expands function definitions that was
requested several times by our community. Some very good progress was
made on the offline validator, you can get a detailed report of what is
left to be done in a separate wiki page
(https://github.com/sbmlteam/jsbml/wiki/Offline-validator-status). Since
the last release, we made the offline validator more user-friendly by
provided error messages similar to libSBML with a first part that
explains the specification and a second part that describe the element
and why it failed the rule. We hope to have the offline validator
complete by the end of next year when it will be used by default.

You can find a detailed list of the user-visible new features and bug
fixes on the NEWS file at
https://github.com/sbmlteam/jsbml/blob/jsbml-1.3.1/NEWS.md.

Thank you for your interest and support of JSBML and SBML in general.

The JSBML team.