Re: [jsbml-team] rewrite ASTNode in another format

Nicolas Rodriguez

Sep 18, 2017, 5:41:13 AM9/18/17
to Perez Verona Isabel Cristina, jsbml...@googlegroups.com, jsbml-development

Hi Isabel,

Into what form do you want to write them exactly ?

http://sbml.org/Special/Software/JSBML/latest-stable/build/apidocs/org/sbml/jsbml/ASTNode.html#toFormula-- would create a standard formula that can be used in xpp or matlab for example. We have some converters available for those languages that you might want to look at ?

http://sbml.org/Special/Software/JSBML/latest-stable/build/apidocs/org/sbml/jsbml/ASTNode.html#toLaTeX-- would create some latex code that can be re-used.

Otherwise, if you have a specific need not covered already, you can use the method     http://sbml.org/Special/Software/JSBML/latest-stable/build/apidocs/org/sbml/jsbml/ASTNode.html#toFormula-org.sbml.jsbml.util.compilers.FormulaCompiler- and you can implement your own version of the FormulaCompiler by extending an existing one or starting from scratch if you are doing something entirely different.

I CCed the public development mailing list as my answers can be useful to other beginners, I think.

cheers,
Nico

On 18/09/17 09:12, 'Perez Verona Isabel Cristina' via jsbml-team wrote:

Hello,

I'm working twith SBML models. I'm trying to rewrite the Formulas contained in KineticLaw in another format.
I was wondering if there is something in jsbml that helps me parsing those formulas.
I'm currently using jsbml-1.2

Thank you for your help,

Best,
Isabel